A Missed Opportunity
Your Opportunity to Engage!
A "Like", A "Follow" – What Does it Really Mean?
- They have visited your website through some other channel (direct, google, social media) expressing interest in your brand.
- Based on the content and value of your website (and possibly a referral or previous experience) you have earned enough trust and credibility that they are willing to associate with your brand on other social networks (Facebook/twitter)
- By liking or following you, they have given a public endorsement of that trust and credibility to their entire communities.
It's All About Relationships
- Who is your target consumer? There are a lot of people that likely visit your site, but only a percentage of them will be potential consumers- know who these people are!
- What is this group looking for?
- NOTE– notice I am not saying what product or service they are looking for, but instead what value are they looking for? What google search did they put in to land on your page? You are not trying to sell to these visitors, instead think about what you can offer them in terms of content and real value to deepen the relationship.
- How can you create an environment via social media that caters to this group and answers their questions with truly valuable content?
- Now you want to start thinking about how to link these two together, the website and your social media presence. This will be an evolutionary process and the great opportunity lies in that you now have real connections and feedback from your target audience!
What do you think? Is this strategy worth the time and effort? Do you have any stories (positive or negative) about a social media engagement experience?
You are the reason why I write and your comments and feedback keep me motivated and inspired, your engagement is greatly appreciated!