Since I was a little boy I’ve dreamed of representing my country on the world stage.
Proudly wearing team Canada across my chest.
This is a dream I cannot achieve alone…
In high school, despite it being my secondary sport I competed in 3 Track and Field National Championships throwing Discus – and earned gold at 2 of them.
I chose to go on and play NCAA Division 1 basketball in University and then to compete at a National level in the sport of Crossfit. When stepping away from the discus ring in 2005 my coach in his typical dry sense of humour left me with these words…
“Hey Tyrell, when you’re done wasting your time with that other sport, give me a call and we’ll go to the Olympics.”
I didn’t realize it then but the seed of a dream had been planted.
10 years later I made that call.
In 2015 I set out to conquer the next summit in my life – compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Quite possibly my most audacious pursuit to date.
So far the 2015/16 season has taught me many things.
- the grit and determination to train day in and day out in the dark sideways raining winter months
- the rare glimmers of hope when a perfect throw comes together
- the emotional roller coaster of ups and downs that comes with
- the challenge of juggling my professional leadership role, being a provider for my family, and a loving and engaged husband and father
This last point has been a painful learning experience as we realize and acknowledge the costs associated with a competition Track and Field season.
It’s because of this that I am raising my hand and asking for help. Many of you have likely followed my story from a distance, some of you may be completely new to it…
I’m now taking a bold and uncomfortable step in asking you to be a more intimate part of this journey.
This is roughly a baseline of the known costs of my 2017 track season (there will be many more I’m sure):
How You Can Help
1. One time contribution that works for you
Whether $5 or $5,000 – any contribution here has a significant impact on the success of this journey.
2. Goal & Life Coaching Package ($300)
I LOVE having conversations with people who are identifying their passions in life and asking “how do I make this happen”. Whether it’s a first deep dive into setting and achieving goals, discussing new practices and techniques, or aligning your life’s structure to match your goals – I would love to have this conversation with you.
This package consists of 3 components:
- An analysis of where you are today and where you are aiming to go.
- A deep dive 1-1 session
- A detailed action plan for next steps and generating forward momentum.
3. Public Speaking and Facilitation ($2,500)
If you have a group who would benefit from this kind of hands on session let’s make it happen!
Questions, comments, feedback? Email me at [email protected]
Thank you for your generous support – in whatever shape, size or form that is. I am so deeply grateful and look forward to sharing this journey with you.
Love & big hugs,